Donate a minimum of $5 receive 3 beautiful postcards created by women for women!!
To provide access to personal and professional development opportunities by offering underserved and underrepresented populations essential services, life skills and occupational training
To give underserved & underrepresented populations tools they need to become empowered, healed & self-determined
Our work has spiritual relevance & is centered on that all relationships and interactions are win/win.
Our Very First End of the Year Painting & Greeting Card
"Swimming in Grace"
We, at Opportunity, Inc., thank you so much for a great year. As a result of COVID-19, we pivoted from our HEAL Expressive Arts Support Groups on Mondays to offering on-line classes. That online program did not get much traction so we no longer offer it. We pivoted again and launched the Sista2Sista Soul2Soul program in August 2020. Here's our accomplishments up until now:
- Facilitated three communal art projects and gave away over 50 "goodie bags" filled with essential items to women in the community
- Increased our email list by over 25 new contacts
- Wrote to 65 women who are incarcerated and maintain communication with 10 out of the 65 women
- Raised roughly $467 in monetary donations
- Painted a beautiful 8 1/2 by 11 picture and gave it away as a birthday gift to a very special woman who will remain anonymous
- Purchased 24' by 36' posters with frames as another fundraising opportunity; Naomi's Project purchased the one with their communal art project; and another one was gifted to a woman on her 16th anniversary as a pastor
- Signed up for the Daughters newsletter spearheaded by a woman at SCI Muncy
- Presented the idea to ReConstruction, Inc, one of our partners, to use the program for praxis and research
- Communicated with the founder of Let's Get Free based in Pittsburg and
- Created our very first "End of the Year" painting and card: Opportunity, Inc. Presents "Swimming in Grace"
Thank you for your belief, support and donations to make this new initiative experience a successful launch. With your help, we swam in grace through the turbulent waters of 2020.